Friday 24 February 2012

POST-SCRIPT - Integrity crisis? Employees moral compass and customer experience

I blogged yesterday about an experience my father in law had with a contractor of Homeserve and about the potential implications employees (or others representing your brand) can have on your customer experience if their behaviour is considered by customers to lack integrity.

I felt compelled to write a post-script to this following telephone calls received from Homeserve today.

Firstly, I'm really impressed that Homeserve picked up on this as quickly as it did (and it certainly illustrates the power of social media - would this have been spotted as quickly in your organisation?). They have also quickly taken action to resolve the matter for my father in law, paying the cost of the repair and leaving him feeling much happier.

Having used them as an example to illustrate my wider point about the integrity of employees generally I'm now happy to use the company specifically as a positive example of how to deal with an issue quickly and effectively. Good job Homeserve!

LinkedIn: http://uk.linkedin.com/in/timhadfield
Twitter: @accordengage
Telephone: (0044) 07906 650019

No comments:

Post a Comment